Destination Port Stephens (DPS) is working closely with Tourism Australia and Destination NSW to bring you up to date travel information. We are following the advice and regulations set out by the Australian Government, the NSW Department of Health and the NSW Government.
From 26 June until 11.59pm on Friday, 16 July 2021 a stay-at-home order has been extended across all of Greater Sydney, including the Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Wollongong and Shellharbour.
In all other parts of NSW, including Port Stephens, the following restrictions will also apply:
- People who have been in the Greater Sydney region (including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Wollongong) on or after June 21 should follow the stay-at-home orders for a period of 14 days after they left Greater Sydney.
- Visitors to households will be limited to 5 guests - including children;
- Masks will be compulsory in all indoor non-residential settings, including workplaces, and at organised outdoor events;
- Drinking while standing at indoor venues will not be allowed;
- Singing by audiences and choirs at indoor venues or by congregants at indoor places of worship will not be allowed;
- Dancing will not be allowed at indoor hospitality venues or nightclubs however, dancing is allowed at weddings for the wedding party only (no more than 20 people);
- Dance and gym classes limited to 20 per class (masks must be worn);
- The one person per four square metre rule will be re-introduced for all indoor and outdoor settings, including weddings and funerals;
- Outdoor seated, ticketed events will be limited to 50 per cent seated capacity.
PLEASE - if you are from any of the hotspots we ask that you follow the rules and stay at home to keep yourself, the visitors, and the community safe. Click here for the most up to date information.
As with any trip, we encourage all travellers to seek the most updated travel information relating to their destination prior to departure. Please ensure you call your planned accommodation venue, attractions and book into or check restaurants to ensure they will be open and confirm your bookings before travelling.
We are looking forward to welcoming everyone back and are following the guidelines and regulations as set out by the NSW Government. We're also encouraging everyone to exercise social distancing and ensure COVID check-in to keep all our community and visitors safe.
Online purchases for travel are available, however, if you are in doubt we recommend you contact the business direct or the Visitor Information Centre on 1800 808 900.
The Port Stephens Visitor information Centre is open Monday - Sunday from 9am - 4pm.
Top tips -
- Sit back, relax and enjoy your break
- Be a conscious traveller
- Smile and say hi
- Be patient
- Maintain social distancing
- Shop local
- Be kind
- Be sure to pre-book
For all overseas travel enquiries relating to the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) please visit the Smart Traveller Site.