On the Water
A blue water paradise, above and below the water
• Port Stephens’ waterway is approximately two and a half times the size of Sydney Harbour. Watch footage of these spectacular waterways that is Port Stephens.
• The Port Stephens - Great Lakes Marine Park covers 97,000 hectares of coastal waters, estuary, lakes and river systems.
• Divers from around the world come to our pristine waters and marvel at the colourful marine life – coral, fish, turtles, jellyfish, sea dragons, gropers, and sponges.
• Remnants of wrecks, shadowy on the ocean floor, as well as magnificent natural formations such as the Looking Glass at Broughton Island, an underwater chasm.
• Whale watching is seasonal, from late May to mid November, where you’ll have the opportunity to see the magnificent Humpback whales, known for their spectacular breaches.