Dive right in - the waters fine!
We really don’t like to brag but... have you seen our beaches and bays? There’s a lot to love... sunrise at a deserted Zenith Beach with the perfect wave all to yourself; picnicing at Little Beach while the kids jump off the jetty into cool, clear waters; snorkelling at Fly Point and discovering an underwater wonderland; or kayaking on water as still as glass at Dutchies... to name a few.
With a Marine Park comprising 26 beaches, a bay twice the size of Sydney Harbour, two rivers, two lake systems and all the accompanying creeks and estuaries it’s no surprise Port Stephens is known as the blue water wonderland! If you love getting out on the water, or just relaxing beside it... you’re gonna love this place!
Jetboating, parasailing, paddleboarding, surfing, kayaking, fishing, sailing, snorkelling, scuba diving, boating, water skiing, day cruises & so much more.
- Whale & Dolphin Watch Cruises ... see the magnificent humpback whales up close and personal as well as the friendly offshore dolphins.
- Jetboating... hold on tight as the superfast Thundaraft takes you jumping ocean waves through Port Stephens.
- Diving ... a mecca for divers with coral, fish, turtles, jellyfish, sea dragons, gropers, sponges, nudibranchs, remnants of shipwrecks and wondrous natural chasms.
- Kayaking ... hire a kayak or join an eco adventure tour around the postcard perfect bays and white sand beaches.
- Surfing ... choose from deserted point breaks and endless beach breaks you’re bound to find a wave to suit beginners and experienced. First timers can take a surf lesson get some safety tips and local knowledge.
- Fishing ... throw a line in the calm water from a jetty or boat, go beach fishing near the Sygna wreck on Stockton Beach or try a deep sea charter.
- Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) ... Port Stephens is the SUP mecca.. SUP hire, lessons and even SUP yoga.. at a stretch.
- Parasailing ... take a single, double or triple parasail for an exhilarating ride with the best view in the bay.