Port Stephens’ largest indoor activity is dedicated to preserving Australia’s proud military aviation heritage.
Fighter World is a family friendly and totally ‘hands on’ experience. Located at Newcastle Airport, adjacent to the RAAF Base, visitors can walk-around and look into the cockpits of some of Australia’s most famous aircraft including the iconic F-111. In addition visitors can sit in the cockpits of the Mirage and Macchi jets and experience first-hand what it’s like to live on the edge as one of the world’s best ‘Top Guns’.
Inside the main hangar you’ll also find a range of weapons and jet engines as well as the Norm Forrester Collection; undoubtedly one of Australia’s finest displays of hand built model aircraft.
While there you can also enjoy the warm welcome, great food and friendly atmosphere of Cafe Fighter World.
• Open 10am to 4pm Every Day (Except Christmas Day)
• Free Parking
• Free WiFi
• Be inspired by some of Australia’s most famous aircraft
• Sit in a real Jet Fighter
• Enjoy all the noise and activity of an operational Air Force Base
• Follow the action via the live audio feed from Air Traffic Control while standing on the observation deck
• Friendly Guides are on hand to ensure you enjoy your experience